Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win 3 hours of detective work by a Private Investigator.
See more events.
On Sunday 30 July National Grid will transport new transformers to replace old equipment at Iron Acton substation.
A special, heavy haulage lorry will transport the transformers, travelling between 10 and 15 miles per hour. A police escort and special haulage team will accompany the lorry.
The lorry departs from Avonmouth docks, leaving the M5 at Junction 14, passing through Cromhall, Bagstone and Rangeworthy to Latteridge.
National Grid say there are likely to be delays on the roads and hope we can plan ahead to avoid disruption.
Independent card shop operator Card N Wrap and Turkish barber and unisex hairdresser Karizma are opening in North Walk, and the Entertainer returns to the unit at the end of West Walk. This unit has now been split and so also welcomes Loungers, a locally based informal food led cafe/bar outlet, and Papa John’s pizza shop. These new additions bring further variety to the Centre and will open in the evenings.
Are you heading for uni or college? If you're aged 16-21 and living in the parish of Yate, apply to the Wills Davis Atwell Charity before September 30th for a grant to help towards books, materials, safety clothing and equipment. Email below to find out more.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• VIDEO: Shocking footage shows Fergus Beeley, the man behind the Chipping Sodbury BLUE heart scheme, screaming at members of the public and telling a man to "get ready to die"
• Young golfer from Frampton Cotterell raises over £2,000 for autism charity
• Police searching for missing girl Mia Hooper, 13, from South Gloucestershire
• PICTURES: Yate International Academy Prom
• Man robbed of his mobile phone in South Gloucestershire after hearing a 'female in distress' and going to help
Latest items from BBC News:
• Charlie Gard: 'Last precious moments' for parents with their son
• Plans to ban leaseholds on new-build houses in England
• Rise in personal loans dangerous, Bank of England official says
• Crossrail 2: Support by government 'outrageous' after northern snub
• Time, not material goods, 'raises happiness'