Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a Bombcosmetics goodie box.
See more events.
Time for a change? New Year often brings thoughts of finding a new job or creating a new challenge or opportunity. Click below to begin looking for your next career move...
Once again, the 'South Gloucestershire Spring Clean' leaps into action and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to help keep their town, village, street, woodland or green space free from litter. Help clean up your neighbourhood this spring by organising a litter pick.
The SportsPound team are encouraging us to make a healthy start to the New Year and try out a new activity for free. If you currently do less than 30 minutes of physical activity per week, are over 14-years-old and live in South Gloucestershire, you are eligible to receive SportsPound vouchers. These will give you access to eight free sessions at any of the activities listed on our website, including: aerobics, ante and postnatal fitness, badminton, bowls, cricket, football, martial arts, netball, rugby, running, swimming, tennis and yoga.
Clilck below to register online.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Concerns over Yate minor injuries unit early closing hours discussed by councillors
• Yate Art Club launch a new craft class
• It's National Pothole Day - how big is the problem in your area?
• Weather January 16: A cloudy day with light rain at times
• Homes in Yate evacuated due to burst gas pipe
Latest items from BBC News:
• Brexit speech: Theresa May rejects 'partial' EU membership
• UK inflation rate jumps to 1.6%
• Libyan wins right to sue ex-Foreign Secretary Jack Straw
• Aslef suspends Southern rail strikes in return for new talks
• Giant alligator goes for leisurely stroll