Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a copy of Natural Healing with Reflexology, plus you could win an oak rotating tray/plate handcrafted from a wine barrel.
See more events.
Trading Standards would like to reiterate a warning issued by Police about a telephone scam affecting South Gloucestershire.
Police are aware of calls to residents from people claiming to be from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in which householders were told they could go to prison if they did not immediately pay an outstanding tax debt.
If you are concerned about your tax status, contact HMRC directly using details you know to be genuine.
If you believe you have been contacted by a fraudster, call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or click below.
Age UK South Gloucestershire is calling on nimble-fingered knitters to get their needles clicking at double the speed to make Age UK and innocent’s Big Knit the biggest event yet.
Now in its 13th year, budding local knitters are being challenged to reach a whopping local target of 6,000 miniature woolly hats to adorn innocent smoothie bottles, and for each be-hatted smoothie sold, innocent will donate 25p to help Age UK fund national and local projects that keep older people warm and well in winter. Click below to donwload the pattern.
Chipping Sodbury-based author Pete Chaplin has just published his autobiography. 'A Job with Bite' is the story of a man’s determination to become a police dog handler, his twenty years on the section and his dogs, in particular his unique canine partner - the legend that was Major!
The book is available from Peter at any of his talks and online from SilverWood Books or Amazon, price £9.99 and a proportion of the profit from each sale goes to a charity for unwanted working dogs. Click below to read more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• PICTURES: Chipping Sodbury Victorian Day offers classic festive feeling for thousands of shoppers
• Police appeal to public to help find owners of jewellery handed in by litter pickers in Winterbourne
• One third of South West adults under 65 have no pension scheme set up
• Today's weather - chilly and cloudy
• Long-serving army reservist from Yate honoured with award
Latest items from BBC News:
• Supreme Court Brexit case: 'No need' for MPs to get final say
• Carney warns about popular disillusion with capitalism
• Youth football coach in child sex claims
• Italy PM Matteo Renzi delays resignation until budget is passed
• Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot car death