Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win one of 2 pairs of tickets to see the Acoustic Strawbs.
See more events.
Incredible Kids, the charity for South Gloucestershire children with special needs, is looking for new premises to run sessions for families to spend quality time together.
The charity operates 3 evenings a week as a permanent set up. If anyone can help them find a new home, please email local organiser Jennie Prewett by email below.
The charity is looking either for a disused space in an existing building, to convert into a workshop, or a small piece of land near some existing facilities, where the charity can site a 20 foot square workshop. So for example, if you are a local business or a community facility with an unused part of your building you may wish to rent out, or someone who has an unused outbuilding, or if you have some hard standing with access to mains electricity and facilities, Yate Men's Shed would very much like to hear from you.
We're all being issued with smaller black bins, as South Glos Council work towards their aim of reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill and improving recycling rates. Click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Beating victim left with fractured eye socket
• Winterbourne family wins £18.1m Lotto jackpot with single lucky dip
• TRAFFIC: The latest updates on the region's roads
• Here's how to win a Morgan sports car for the weekend in Chipping Sodbury
• Weather: February 20
Latest items from BBC News:
• Charity boss Justin Forsyth resigns from Unicef
• NRA head: Gun control advocates 'exploiting' Florida tragedy
• Brothers, 6 and 2, killed in 'hit-and-run' in Coventry
• Harry and Meghan letter sent to palace 'race hate crime'
• Migration figures: Highest number of EU nationals leaving UK in a decade