Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win two complimentary seats at a Flower Demonstration Evening.
See more events.
Spring into Summer at Wetherspoon, with a new menu, 14 new drinks and 13 new dishes. Click below to find out more...
Trading Standards are warning us to be extra vigilant when dealing with unexpected callers at the front door.
Officers are aware that rogue traders are currently operating in the Yate and Frampton Cotterell areas and are offering to buy gold or jewellery or carry out, amongst other things, paving, roofing and gardening work.
If you think you or someone you know may have been targeted, please contact senior Trading Standards enforcement officer Neil Derrick on 01454 864565 or 07801 200104 as soon as possible.
Yate Shopping Centre Manager Andy Lowrey has signed up for a cycle ride from Bristol to Paris during April 2017. All money raised through this challenge will go to the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children's Major Trauma and Rehabilitation Unit. If you'd like to support Andy, your donation will benefit hundreds of children from across the South West suffering from traumatic brain injuries, brain tumors, epilepsy and cerebral palsy. Click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Brimsham Green pupils excel at school's first ever science fair
• Firefighters face off against flat fire in South Gloucestershire
• Dementia roadshow to offer support to sufferers and their families in South Gloucestershire
• Avon and Somerset Police urge communities in South Gloucestershire to back campaign against hate crime
• Weather March 24: Cloudy morning leads to sun
Latest items from BBC News:
• Donald Trump's US healthcare bill withdrawn
• London attack: Police appeal for information on Khalid Masood
• UN fears 200 died in coalition airstrike on Mosul
• Brexit 'clears way' for German domination claims Heseltine
• Red Nose Day 2017 raises £71m for Comic Relief