Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a Coffee Morning Kit, thanks to SUEZ recycling and recovery UK.
See more events.
If you're travelling by train over the August bank holiday, please check before you travel as Network Rail is installing part of a new signalling system for the Bristol area from 27-29 August.
Lines will be closed in both directions between Bristol Parkway and Swindon, Newport, Bristol Temple Meads, Gloucester and Severn Beach. Trains will be diverted and in some cases replacement bus services will be in operation. More information is available on the website below.
Mark Austen, the Yate-based blind sailor has helped Team GB win Gold in an International Blind Sailing event on Lake Gadda in Italy. Click below to read more about his adventures...
The Leisure Centre's Summer Programme runs 25th July - 31st August for boys and girls from Yr1 - Yr9.
Active Camps are packed full with sporting activities and arts and crafts and the pool offers swimming activities and/or courses. Click below to view the Summer Programme.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• South Gloucestershire man jailed for secretly recording primary school children in disabled toilet
• Firefighters tackle workshop blaze in Emersons Green
• Weather August 26: A bright, clear and sunny day
• GCSE results day 2016
• Tributes pour in after sudden death of 'Mr Iron Acton' Adam Taylor
Latest items from BBC News:
• Italy earthquake: Day of national mourning for victims
• France 'burkini': Mayors urged to heed court's ruling
• Barnardo's archive photos reveal first foster children
• Theresa May launches race audit of public services
• I Am Team GB: Sports clubs open doors for free