Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a family ticket to YOSC's Fireworks Party.
See more events.
Anne and Lynn of Bevan Evemy Solicitors are pleased to announce the opening of their new office in Chipping Sodbury from which they will serve Chipping Sodbury, Yate and surrounding areas.
The office at Yate will continue to be available on appointment only. The secure letterbox at the Yate office will continue to be available for dropping off any documents.
Bevan Evemy will continue to offer a free 30 minute initial appointment and will also continue to offer free legal advice sessions at Yate Library on the first Saturday of every month.
They look forward to continuing to offer the same professional and personal service at their new office.
South Gloucestershire's Discover Festival is back for another year, offering a host of opportunities to discover and enjoy something new on your doorstep.
So whether you want to learn something new, find a hobby, meet new friends, get out and about in nature, catch a performance or explore one of our historic buildings, there’s something on offer for you.
Over 180 events are free, for others there is a small fee. Some events require booking and are selling out fast – see the events calendar or the website below for full details and links to book.
National bus operator Stagecoach is now operating services in the Yate area,providing links from surrounding villages.
The 84 service is a circular route that operates in an anti-clockwise direction from Wotton-under-Edge through Charfield, Cromhall, Wickwar, Chipping Sodbury, Yate, Chipping Sodbury, Horton, Hawkesbury Upton, Hillesley and Alderley, before returning to Wotton-under-Edge.
A new 85 service covers the same route but in a clockwise direction. Both the 84 and 85 services link with the 86 service at Yate, providing a connection to Kingswood and reintroducing a service to Longwell Green Leisure Centre/Aspects Leisure Park.
The 620 service operates between Tetbury and Bath via Chipping Sodbury, Yate, Westerleigh and Pucklechurch.
Click below for timetables and route information.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: September 1986 to September 2006
• This week's planned roadworks in the Gloucestershire and Bristol areas
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: A taste of journalism
• GAZETTE THROUGH THE YEARS: September 1966 to September 1976
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Remembering a life well led
Latest items from BBC News:
• Syria conflict: US accuses Russia of 'barbarism' in Aleppo
• Brexit: Stop blaming Theresa May, says Iain Duncan Smith
• Cycling's Kenny and Trott marry in private
• Hilary Benn urges Labour MPs to 'stay and fight'
• Coronation Street actor Marc Anwar sacked over 'racist tweets'