Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a reflexology session or an Alexander Technique lesson.
See more events.
Winterbourne Medieval Barn Trust), in conjunction with South Glos Council, has been awarded £936,600 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to repair and restore the buildings associated with the medieval barn. This major refurbishment project will secure the future of the iconic barn and the rest of the site as a community resource for heritage and education. The Trust itself has to raise £400,000 as part of this project, and while much of this has already been raised, further donations from businesses, organisations or individuals are still being sought before work can start early in 2019.
More information about the project, the history of the Barn, and the activities there can be found on the website below and in the events calendar on this site.
There's a new team in place at Bevan Evemy Solicitors following the retirement of Anne Evemy. Director Lynn Bevan has expanded the team, which now offers advice and service in more areas of law, including criminal defence, including road traffic defences. Bevan Evemy continue to meet clients in all areas of South Gloucestershire and offer a free initial consultation and free drop-in sessions. Click below to read more...
South Gloucestershire's Over 50’s Forum would like to hear from 50-70 years olds about what matters to them and how they would like to hear more about local campaigns and information.
The forum represents the voice, profile, needs and interests of people over 50 to statutory agencies locally and nationally. It campaigns for inclusion, justice, respect and recognition and provides regular opportunities for people to share their concerns and issues.
Click below to complete the survey, which is open until 31st July.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Property News: Complaints to homes watchdog rise
• Hay fever misery continues as pollen levels soar
• This week's planned roadworks in your area
• New animatronic Gromits revealed in Filton for 2018 trail
• Rangeworthy residents welcome review of speed limit along New Road
Latest items from BBC News:
• Tax rise to pay for NHS boost - PM
• Loughborough Junction: Three killed by train in south London
• Upskirting row: MP's office targeted in 'pants protest'
• US child migrants: First ladies speak out on Trump separation policy
• Royal wedding 2018: Meghan's dad reveals tears over big day