Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a reflexology session or an Alexander Technique lesson.
See more events.
The Active Lifestyle Centres' Summer Programme runs 23rd July - 31st August for boys and girls from Yr1 - Yr7.
Active Camps are jam packed full of fun and action that will guarantee your children have a great time. Click below to view the Summer Programme. Earlybird offer runs until July 11th.
Over 700 people drown in the UK and Ireland every year and many more suffer injury, some life-changing, through near-drowning experiences.
15th - 25th June is Drowning Prevention Week, and your Active Lifestyle Centre is offering free Swim Assessments. Click below to find out more...
Winterbourne Medieval Barn Trust), in conjunction with South Glos Council, has been awarded £936,600 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to repair and restore the buildings associated with the medieval barn. This major refurbishment project will secure the future of the iconic barn and the rest of the site as a community resource for heritage and education. The Trust itself has to raise £400,000 as part of this project, and while much of this has already been raised, further donations from businesses, organisations or individuals are still being sought before work can start early in 2019.
More information about the project, the history of the Barn, and the activities there can be found on the website below and in the events calendar on this site.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Property News: ‘Huge confusion’ on landlord rules
• 'Responsible parking could save lives' say firefighters
• Cotswolds AONB voluntary wardens receive award from Queen
• Syrian families to host community lunch in Coalpit Heath
• Partnership outlines South Gloucestershire health and care services vision
Latest items from BBC News:
• Turkey election: Erdogan wins re-election as president
• Heathrow Airport: MPs to vote on third runway
• Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
• Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
• Garden waste collection charges rise to £74m a year