Ram Hill Colliery is an open site owned by South Gloucestershire Council, managed by the Friends in conjunction with the Council and English Heritage.
Mining took place roughly between 1830-1860 with clear evidence of the horse gin, engine house and connection to the Dramway.
The Friends work on the site between April and October usually on Wednesdays, and are happy to give visitors a guided tour. We have regular open days, including the Heritage Open Day in October.
Volunteers are welcome to help manage the site - please contact David Godden by email below for further details.
Broad Lane, Ram Hill BS36 2TY