Hawkesbury Upton Literature Festival Christmas Special
Bethesda Chapel, Hawkesbury Upton
Come and join us next Saturday for the last HULF Talk of 2023!
Following the success of our festive event last year, we've devised another light-hearted Christmas Special for Saturday 2nd December, from 2-5pm, at the Bethesda Chapel, Park Street, Hawkesbury Upton GL9 1BA. We'd love to see you there!
Many people said how much they enjoyed the readings of favourite Christmas poetry and prose last year, so we're delighted to welcome back Gerard Boyce and Michael Macmahon to perform seasonal classics. These will include:
- an extract from Dylan Thomas's A Child's Christmas in Wales
- "Mr Pooter's Christmas" from George and Weedon Grossmith's The Diary of a Nobody.
We've also got a packed line-up of authors of books that make great Christmas presents for all ages and interests.
The authors will be happy to sign books for you to create personalised gifts and Secret Santa presents for your family and friends.
The authors attending will be:
- Kat Ailes with her hilarious cosy mystery, The Expectant Detectives
- Ali Bacon, sharing Robert Louis Stevenson's thoughts on Christmas
- Steve Berry with anecdotes from his Himalayan travels
- Lucienne Boyce on what suffragettes did for Christmas
- Tiggy Greenwood with her trilogy set in an old country house
- Stefania Hartley telling us about Christmas traditions in Sicily
- Michael Macmahon on how to get back into the black after Christmas - and stay there!
- Alice Rosewell with gentle advice on self-care for dark days
- John Ruthven on filming wildlife documentaries around the world
- Betty Salthouse on sharing stories with children at Christmas
- Trevor Stubbs with his thoughtful novels for young adults
- Marie Whitehead with her children's picture-book about protecting the oceans
- Debbie Young (me!), with the official launch of Christmas with Sophie Sayers, a collective of feel-good festive stories set in a Cotswold village not unlike Hawkesbury Upton!
As you can see, there'll be books to suit all ages and tastes here, so bring your Christmas shopping list!
HOW TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS
Tickets cost just £5, and they include tea, coffee and cake, and a £2 book voucher valid at the event
Space is limited, so to be sure of a seat, please book your ticket in advance via the Eventbrite link below.